All the blogging courses in the world can provide some amazing theoretical knowledge.
Unless you put the learning to practice it would not yield any result for you, the best of best blogging courses will only drain out your money.
The formula to succeed in anything you do is to Learn, Do and Earn.
If you are not sure of continuing for a more extended period or would like to test your skill, then start with free blog sites like Medium or Blogger.
Learn how to blog for free without getting into any blogging courses.
Before we jump into learning blogging, I’d want you to take a step back and understand what blogging is.
What is blogging?
Blogging is a process of penning down your thoughts and ideas on your website regularly.
Your blog should be aiming to provide value to your users by writing content that adds genuine value to the reader.
The content on your blog should be fresh and relevant.
What are the different types of blogs?
There are various blogging types, here are the two most popular ones.
a. Content blogs: Content blogs are usually text/image-led blogs, it can be a personal blog, business blog, Travel blogs, Fashion blogs, Niche blogs, and many more.
b. Video Blogs: Video blogs or vlogs are usually video-driven blogs. Your video blogs can be on any topic for example Product Review vlogs, Travel vlogs, and so on… depending on your topic of interest.
How to select what to blog about?
Your blog content should be on a topic which you are really passionate about, it can be something on Football, Movies, Gaming Devices, technology, fashion, etc.
Note: You will need to ensure that the topic that you are selecting for your blog should have market demand.
A combination of your passion and the market demand works the best.
How to check if the topic of your blog is in demand?
All the Blogging courses will push you to conduct a bit of research for your blog. There are various free resources are available for you.
- Visit Q&A sites like Quora and search for the topic you’ve selected. if you find a lot of people talking about your selected topic. That is a good indicator of demand.
- Visit Forums related to your topic. That will help you assess demand as well as help you with some great ideas to write about.
- Search on google and try to understand that if people are searching for a similar topic as your selected subject to blog on.
If you are able to see high traffic or a good number of people discussing on the topic of your blog you can start.
But make sure to answer the questions people are seeking on all the Q&A sites through your blog.
That will make your blog relevant and help gain authority.
How to start blogging for free without any courses?
You can start blogging for free, but I recommend owning a domain because that will help you build authority and help you monetize the blog in case you wish to make money blogging.
Here are a few sites where you can blog free
- Linkedin: Linkedin is a professional networking site, anyone can create a professional profile, and start posting without incurring any cost. If your blog adds value to the readers it will get noticed easily.
- Medium: Medium is an amazing blogging site. Medium helps your blog reach out to a huge audience base. Relevancy lies at the core, irrelevant blogs will go unnoticed.
- Tumblr: Tumblr is another alternative blogging site, it is a mix of a blogging site and a social media channel. It appeals to people between 18-29 years.
- Youtube: Youtube is one of the most popular video blog sites. Youtube controls the highest time spent by the users. Once your vlog starts getting video views there is a bright chance that you can start making money.
- Blogger.com: You can create a blog using blogger without any fees. You can run Google AdSense ads on your page. You have a lot more freedom to monetize your blog.
How to drive traffic to your blog?
To ensure you drive organic traffic to your page. One needs to be aware of the basic SEO tricks.
50% of your success will depend on your SEO skills and 50% on the content. To succeed in SEO you’ll have to research the keywords people are using to search solution.
Once can do the initial research through Google Keyword planner. You can also go for paid tools like Ahrefs, SEMRush, or Ubersuggest.
UberSuggest is the most pocket friendly among others. Selecting the right keywords is critical for your blog.
You can even look at adding free chrome extensions like Keyword Surfer. Keyword Surfer shows keywords and traffic estimation.
How to make money from blogs?
If you have not made any money online yet then you are at the right place. If you are connected to the internet you have an equal opportunity to earn money.
There are multiple ways of making money by blogging.
- Affiliate Marketing: You can start promoting a third party product or service through your blog and try to sell it in lieu of commission.
The top affiliate sites are Amazon affiliate program, Commission junction, click bank, etc.
- Product Review: You can do a paid product review and get paid for the same.
- Guest Blogs: You can consider doing a guest blog for other websites and get paid for that.
- Freelancing: Freelancing is the easiest way to make money through your blog. You can help businesses with setting up their websites or write content for them. There are various other ways of making money too along with the ones mentioned.
Which are the Paid blogging courses in India?
Udemy: There’s a lot that goes into writing a successful blog. SEO, writing skills, and ad placements all play a part. Udemy’s top-rated blogging instructors will walk you through these finer points of blogging so that you can find success, regardless of what your blog is being used for.
Here is the link: click here for more details.
Hubspot: Here’s everything you need to know about creating a successful business blogging strategy and manage a growing blog. This blogging course is free of cost.
You can even search on Youtube for blogging courses and trust me there is a ton of free resources available for you to learn and do things on your own.
To Conclude, Blogging is a recurrent process and needs to be followed routinely. Before you start penning down your learnings or information you must visit all other blogs to understand the writing style and presentation.
Try checking what keywords are they using and what is the blog missing out on. You can write a blog considering everything and make it more relevant.
Once you’ve followed the steps properly, then there is no stopping for you.